Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abledog abledog is offline

Default Whats different between Office Pro and Office Pro Academic Ed?

Question says it all.

TiA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The cost. The licence. What you can use it for. The number of computers you
can install it on. Whether or not you can use it to qualify for an upgrade.

The software is the same; the cost and the licence are what's different.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"abledog" wrote in message
Question says it all.

TiA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abledog abledog is offline

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

The cost. The licence. What you can use it for. The number of computers you
can install it on. Whether or not you can use it to qualify for an upgrade.

The software is the same; the cost and the licence are what's different.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"abledog" wrote in message
Question says it all.

TiA

Thanks Tony

If possible could you be more specific about the Licence and Use part of
your answer. My wife's in graduate school and needs Word to edit and do
some content writing for a professor as well as a couple of in house
academic publications. It'll only be installed on 1 computer so that
wouldn't be an issue.

TiA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I have to admit to not knowing exactly what the "academic edition" is but
the essential difference is commercial use - if she is just writing papers
and in-house publications, and not making money out of it then it should be
well within the terms of the academic licence.

There is a lot of detail he
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...CL100796341033

--
Enjoy,