Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAM Frustration! BAM Frustration! is offline

Default HTML-like anchors in word

Hi everyone,

Here is my situation: I want to define a spot in a word document that
will not show up as an element on the page, but which I will be able to
refer back to, specifically by referencing its page number. It would be
like using the name attribute of the a tag in HTML in order to link to
a specific spot on a web page.

Here is an example (~~~ means a page boundary):

TITLE

Writing yadda yadda.

~~~

This is the second page [INVISIBLE ELEMENT 1]

~~~

To read about the second page turn to page [INVISIBLE ELEMENT 1'S PAGE
NUMBER]

I could do this by hand, but I want something that will update
automatically if the element gets pushed off of the original page its
on.

So what's the best way to attack this? All help is much appreciated!

EDIT: I'm using Office 2004 on Mac OS X.

--
BAM Frustration!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You want to set up a Bookmark (Insert Bookmark off the Menu) and a
Reference Field (Insert Reference Cross-reference off the Menu). Fellow
MVP Greg Maxey has a web page describing how to do this but I don't have the
url to hand - I'm sure your favourite search engine can find it.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"BAM Frustration!" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Word 2007 - Keep with next and image anchors wwwho Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 07 08:23 PM
Anchors again Maxim Page Layout 3 January 18th 07 05:17 PM
Anchors Question Jay Gourley Page Layout 7 December 28th 06 01:48 AM
adding and removing anchors Edlocs Microsoft Word Help 2 April 12th 05 11:30 PM