Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob E Rob E is offline

Default Customize Colours 2007

(Sorry if this has appeared twice)

Is there any way to add my own custom colours to the Font Colour and Fill
Colour buttons on the Home ribbon in 2007.

I would like to also do this for 70 of my colleagues.

Thanks,
Rob E.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

This can be done in PowerPoint but it doesn't exactly work as you'd like it
to in Word. Custom colors are added to the color picker in the Font dialog
box but not in the color pickers on the Ribbon. Here's more on how to
accomplish this task:
http://www.echosvoice.com/PPTFiles/CustomColors.pdf

If Echo's solution won't work for you then for Word, the easiest way to
accomplished this is by creating a new Theme and sharing it with the other
users. What you need to do is select Colors in the Themes group on the Page
Layout tab, then click "Create New Theme Colors. Modify the colors to your
liking and then, in the same group, click Themes and then select "Save
current Theme". You can distribute the resulting file to other users and
place it in their Document Themes folder so it will appear in the Themes
gallery. When the colors are needed, make sure the custom theme is applied
to the document.

You can also customize the Theme colors in a template and when new documents
based on the template are created the colors will be available instead of
creating a new .thmx file and distributing it.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs