Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Russ Russ is offline

Default text form fields

I have a form with multiple sections, the 1st two sections have fields
(specifically a text from field ie with the bookmark FieldX) and the rest of
the sections contain a normal word document with embedded fields which I am
trying to have filled in by the text form fields in the 1st section. My
embedded fields are as follows {Ref FieldX \*Mergeformat }

The problem is when I run my command to update the fields in the document it
ignores the values inserted for FieldX and gives a pop up window asking me
for FieldX.

How do I fix this? Should I not use a Ref field in teh main document?

thank you,
--
Russ