Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cmore cmore is offline

Default tables & page breaks

i have a table that contains 5 columns and 1 row which then splits to 3 rows
-- how do i get it to page break correctly & get the title within the 1st
column/row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Where do you want it to break, and what do you mean by correctly? I had
trouble understanding the table structure in your question. Is this an
accurate description. Each major row has x cells, with the last split into
three rows.

PamC

cmore wrote:
i have a table that contains 5 columns and 1 row which then splits to 3 rows
-- how do i get it to page break correctly & get the title within the 1st
column/row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cmore cmore is offline

i have created a table that has 5 columns with 1 major row that splits into 3
rows
see below example --

(Cols)= 1 2 3 4 5
A1 XXX XXX XXX
XX name A2 XXX XXX XXX
A3 XXX XXX XXX

Issue: if info added creates 2 page then get incorrect page break???
Now i did go to 'Table', 'Table Properties', 'Row' & unchecked 'Allow row to
break across pages' which forward to the next page properly --- but I CANT
get it to also forward the main title with Col/Row 1 -- so viewer can't see
that the info in A3 works with 'XX name'.

Does that make sense ?

Thank you !!!

==========

cmore wrote:
i have a table that contains 5 columns and 1 row which then splits to 3 rows
-- how do i get it to page break correctly & get the title within the 1st
column/row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ksInTables.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

cmore wrote:
i have a table that contains 5 columns and 1 row which then splits
to 3 rows -- how do i get it to page break correctly & get the
title within the 1st column/row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It would probably be more accurate to say that you have three rows in which
the cells in the first column have been merged (this would be a more
efficient way to create this type of table, at least).

http://word.mvps.org

cmore wrote:
i have a table that contains 5 columns and 1 row which then splits to 3
rows
-- how do i get it to page break correctly & get the title within the
1st
column/row?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes, but I'd call your "title row" the "table heading" row. The way to make
sure the heading row stays with the rest of the table is to mark the whole
row "keep with next" paragraph formatting.

cmore wrote:
[...]

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Tables and page breaks Cherie Tables 1 September 19th 07 09:30 AM
Tables with page breaks [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 1 November 21st 05 05:11 PM
add page breaks between tables brian Tables 1 April 12th 05 10:50 PM
Stopping page-breaks in tables Lobster New Users 2 March 22nd 05 11:40 PM
Splitting Rows of tables across page breaks Barb Reinhardt Microsoft Word Help 2 February 22nd 05 03:09 AM