Yehuda S

Default continuous footnotes on the same line

How do I make footnotes continue one after another on the same line without
automatically inserting a paragraph code at the end of each footnote? I would
preferably like to have my footnotes appear in two justified columns on the
same page. I realize that the paragraph command at the end of each footnote
is automatic, but hoe do I "break into" the program to program it to change
it's habit? A very clumsy workaround that I tried, was to convert all
footnotes into endnotes, then copy them into linked textboxes, and place the
boxes below the text of each page. One of the problems is that the footnotes
then loose their numbering. I am writing about a 500 page book with extensive
footnotes, about equal in length to body text (in Hebrew). Any suggestions?
Thanx.

Word doesn't offer any way to do this. You can enter the footnotes normally
(one below the other) and then string them out on one line using tabs and
hidden paragraph marks, but you don't gain anything because Word still
allows just as much space for the footnotes as if they were stacked. Sorry.