Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick in Missouri Rick in Missouri is offline

Default need to unlock word document, can not make any new documents

WHEN OPENING MS WORD AND BEGINNING A NEW DOCUMENT I RECIEVE A LOWER TOOL BAR
MESSAGE OF;" THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE THE DOCUMENT IS LOCKED"
- I can create or edit any MSword documents right now - this program has been
running and has showed no signs of problems it has been installed for over a
year.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Either you have not activated Word or it is a trial version that has
expired.

"Rick in Missouri" Rick in wrote in
message ...
WHEN OPENING MS WORD AND BEGINNING A NEW DOCUMENT I RECIEVE A LOWER TOOL

BAR
MESSAGE OF;" THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE THE DOCUMENT IS

LOCKED"
- I can create or edit any MSword documents right now - this program has

been
running and has showed no signs of problems it has been installed for over

year.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick in Missouri Rick in Missouri is offline

Thank u 4 the reply - no, it is a bought and paid for version, not good at
installs trying to find issue b4 taking on other routes this happened at work
about a month ago on the shared drive - found that there was a corrupt file
that locked all files - have not found that here yet.
Is it possible to mistakenly keystroke the document and lock out all future
uses? Also I have found that this has effected my ecel program also - same
results document replies it is locked

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Either you have not activated Word or it is a trial version that has
expired.

"Rick in Missouri" Rick in wrote in
message ...
WHEN OPENING MS WORD AND BEGINNING A NEW DOCUMENT I RECIEVE A LOWER TOOL

BAR
MESSAGE OF;" THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE THE DOCUMENT IS

LOCKED"
- I can create or edit any MSword documents right now - this program has

been
running and has showed no signs of problems it has been installed for over

year.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It is not possible to "mistakenly keystroke" a single document in a
way that locks the entire program. It's even less possible to do
something in Word that affects Excel in the same way.

You may find that the procedure in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm helps to solve
the problem. If it doesn't help, try clicking the Activate Product
item on the Help menu.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman