john

Default what are the little black squares to the left of some of lines of

What are the little black squares to the left of some of lines of text?

I've just inherited a document and I notice that to the left of some of the
lines of text there are little black squares. These are not bullets. What
are they and how can I control them? What do they do? What do they indicate?

Thank you,
John
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:25:04 -0800, "john"
wrote:

What are the little black squares to the left of some of lines of text?

I've just inherited a document and I notice that to the left of some of the
lines of text there are little black squares. These are not bullets. What
are they and how can I control them? What do they do? What do they indicate?

Thank you,
John

It indicates paragraphs that are formatted with the “Keep with next,”
“Keep lines together,” “Page break before,” or “Suppress line numbers”
property. These settings are found on the Line and Page Breaks tab of
the Format Paragraph dialog.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...PrintChars.htm,
particularly the third paragraph from the end.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman