winomonkey

Default How do I include hidden text in TOC?

I am designing an SRS document in which there will be two versions printed -
one with low-level requirements included, the other with those requirements
removed. I decided that creating a Format in which I can mark certain text
as hidden would be the way to go, as I could choose whether or not I included
the hidden text when I print the document.

One catch, though, the Table of Contents does not seem to include hidden
text. Is there a way to include hidden text in the TOC?

Garret

winomonkey

I can add TC fields to the document, however, when I print hidden text, the
TC fields show up. Is there a way to use the TC fields to add the hidden
text to the TOC, but not have the fields show up in the printed body of the
document?

Garret

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can do so using TC fields.

"winomonkey" wrote in message
I am designing an SRS document in which there will be two versions

printed -
one with low-level requirements included, the other with those

requirements
removed. I decided that creating a Format in which I can mark certain

text
as hidden would be the way to go, as I could choose whether or not I

included
the hidden text when I print the document.

One catch, though, the Table of Contents does not seem to include hidden
text. Is there a way to include hidden text in the TOC?

Garret

No. XE and TC fields are formatted as Hidden.

"winomonkey" wrote in message
I can add TC fields to the document, however, when I print hidden text,

the
TC fields show up. Is there a way to use the TC fields to add the hidden
text to the TOC, but not have the fields show up in the printed body of

the
document?

Garret

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can do so using TC fields.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Hidden text SusanC Microsoft Word Help 5 October 5th 05 03:57 PM
How do I let hidden text serve as a StyleRef but stay invisible? Brian Microsoft Word Help 1 July 19th 05 12:44 AM
Index field codes appear even when Hidden Text is turned off kscott25 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 10th 05 05:21 PM
How do I use styleref to refer to hidden text? Jeroen Quist Microsoft Word Help 2 March 20th 05 02:19 AM
Word opens with hidden text visible Alan4297 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 23rd 04 04:09 PM