Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general, microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.word.general, microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amedee Van Gasse Amedee Van Gasse is offline

Default sending mail from Word to OWA: screenshots gone

Environment: Exchange 2003, OWA, Outlook 2003, Word 2003.

We are having issues with pictures in emails.
A user writes a text in Word and adds screenshots.
He then sends the text, not as attachment but as message body.

In Outlook: all screenshots are visible.
In OWA: some screenshots are gone.

I already discovered a difference: when screenshots are added as
inline objects, they are visible in OWA. If they are in front of text
(or some other kind of floating layout), they are invisible.

Also when this email is forwarded from within OWA, other pictures
become invisible. However they are still there "somewhere" because
when I click the space where the picture was, there is a white
rectangle and its properties point to a png or jpg file.

We have a support contract with Microsoft, but before I jump trough
several hoops I would like to hear if someone else might know what is
going wrong.

--
Amedee
Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben M. Schorr, MVP Ben M. Schorr, MVP is offline

I would guess it's a limitation of HTML rendering dealing with picture
alignment on a page. But that's just a guess. Apparently the HTML wants
the pictures to be inline rather than floating.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

On 7 dec, 20:40, "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:
I would guess it's a limitation of HTML rendering dealing with picture
alignment on a page. But that's just a guess. Apparently the HTML wants
the pictures to be inline rather than floating.

OK, that sounds reasonable.
Where would I find more information on the subject of HTML rendering
in OWA?

--
Amedee