~D~

Default Numbers to appear at the cursor...

If I wanted a number to appear at the cursor how would I insert it. Using
bullets/numbering gives me alignmant, formatting which is what I don't want.

Here is an example:

Text text text (insert #1) text text text (insert #2)
Text text text text text text text text text text (insert #3)
text text text text text text text text text text (insert#4)

Thanks in advance.

If you search for "SEQ field," the first hit is the topic for "Field codes:
Seq (Sequence) field." Although it does say that the *easiest* way to insert
a SEQ field is to use a caption, there is much more in that Help topic. Try
using Insert | Field: Seq.

~D~ wrote:

If I wanted a number to appear at the cursor how would I insert it.

Using

bullets/numbering gives me alignmant, formatting which is what I

don't

want.

Here is an example:

Text text text (insert #1) text text text (insert #2)
Text text text text text text text text text text (insert #3)
text text text text text text text text text text (insert#4)

Thanks in advance.

~D~

I keep getting "Error: No Sequence Specified"

I clicked on "Insert, Field" chose "SEQ" "Options" and added *.arabic" that
didn't work so I tried Seq/n and I still get Error no sequence specified.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you search for "SEQ field," the first hit is the topic for "Field

codes:
Seq (Sequence) field." Although it does say that the *easiest* way to

insert
a SEQ field is to use a caption, there is much more in that Help topic.

Try
using Insert | Field: Seq.

so
all may benefit.

~D~ wrote:

If I wanted a number to appear at the cursor how would I insert it.

Using

bullets/numbering gives me alignmant, formatting which is what I

don't

want.

Here is an example:

Text text text (insert #1) text text text (insert #2)
Text text text text text text text text text text (insert #3)
text text text text text text text text text text (insert#4)

Thanks in advance.

You have to choose an identifier for your sequence. For example, a proper
SEQ field could be { SEQ Equation } or { SEQ Table }. You can have as many
different numbering sequences as you like, each with a different name. This
is spelled out very clearly in the "Field codes: Seq (Sequence) field" Help
topic. Did you expand all the subheads in the topic (Instructions, Switches,
Examples)?

"~D~" wrote in message
I keep getting "Error: No Sequence Specified"

I clicked on "Insert, Field" chose "SEQ" "Options" and added *.arabic"

that
didn't work so I tried Seq/n and I still get Error no sequence specified.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you search for "SEQ field," the first hit is the topic for "Field

codes:
Seq (Sequence) field." Although it does say that the *easiest* way to

insert
a SEQ field is to use a caption, there is much more in that Help topic.

Try
using Insert | Field: Seq.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

~D~ wrote:

If I wanted a number to appear at the cursor how would I insert

it.

Using

bullets/numbering gives me alignmant, formatting which is what I

don't

want.

Here is an example:

Text text text (insert #1) text text text (insert #2)
Text text text text text text text text text text (insert #3)
text text text text text text text text text text (insert#4)

Thanks in advance.

Debutante

Yes, I have read everything.

Forget it..I am just not getting it..thanks for your help.

I just want to put Insert and then Field but it seems too complicated.

~D~ wrote:

If I wanted a number to appear at the cursor how would I insert

it.

Using

bullets/numbering gives me alignmant, formatting which is what

don't

want.

Here is an example:

Text text text (insert #1) text text text (insert #2)
Text text text text text text text text text text (insert #3)
text text text text text text text text text text (insert#4)

Thanks in advance.

1. Press Ctrl+F9. This will insert a pair of field delimiters. They look
like braces, but you can't type them from the keyboard.

2. Between the braces, type "SEQ something" (without the quotation marks).

3. Press F9. You should see a 1.

4. Select the number and copy it somewhere later in your document than the
first number.

5. Paste it. Select it and press F9. You should see a 2.

Is this what you want?

~D~ wrote:

If I wanted a number to appear at the cursor how would I

insert
it.

Using

bullets/numbering gives me alignmant, formatting which is

what
don't

want.

Here is an example:

Text text text (insert #1) text text text (insert #2)
Text text text text text text text text text text (insert #3)
text text text text text text text text text text (insert#4)

Thanks in advance.

Debutante

Suzanne,

Thank you so much for the clarification..I couldn't understand what was
expected after "SEQ"..I just
wasn't getting it. The "help" feature just wasn't clicking
in my mind..so out of frustration I just gave up..but you
wouldn't let me. I said "I'm just going to type in "something" because I
don't know what is supposed to
go there..and I typed SEQ "something" and the number appeared. Thank you for
your help..and patience!

#3)
text text text text text text text text text text

(insert#4)

Thanks in advance.

To clarify further, the "something" can be *anything,* but usually the best
thing is to use an identifier that will really identify your sequence. Word
already uses Equation, Figure, and Table to identify SEQ fields when you use
the Insert | Caption feature; you can add new labels for captions, and Word
keeps track of them the same way. You can have as many different sequences
as you like; you just give each one a different identifier, and Word keeps
track of their sequential numbering independently.

#3)