How to get Microsoft Word to find the bullet symbol: Font: Symbol Character code 183?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st 12, 11:57 PM
roseuz roseuz is offline

Default How to get Microsoft Word to find the bullet symbol: Font: Symbol Character code 183?

How on earth can I get Microsoft word to find this character. Copying and pasting the character in the find box doesn't work.

The character is the bullet symbol, which you can reproduce by changing the font to Symbol and by finding it in the symbol list or by pressing ALT + 0183 (maybe 183 without the zero for others).

I know the solution is mentioned here http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=86902, but I don't quite understand it because I can't even reproduce the heart symbol that the user is talking about there.

Last edited by roseuz : August 1st 12 at 12:01 AM.