Connect to the internet with word

Old April 10th 10, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BennyCaleny

Default Connect to the internet with word

My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want to
you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however connected
to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help??

Old April 10th 10, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

It's possible that your firewall prevents Word from accessing the Internet.
Take a look at the settings for the firewall.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old April 13th 10, 02:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BennyCaleny

I have and I'm confused on what to look for. I honestly have no idea what I'm
looking for.. Now my Mcfee virus scan says it can connect to the internet
either..

.

Old April 13th 10, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I don't know the exact terminology for your antivirus program / firewall. My
firewall uses the term "blocked" for programs that aren't allowed to access
the Internet. You should look at the documentation for your antivirus
program and firewall.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old June 6th 20, 11:02 PM
lolapaluuza lolapaluuza is offline
Banned

In general, problems were gone when I installed a new Wi-Fi router. Other signals from neighbors interrupted the channel, so I had problems with the Internet. But I have an old router. Can someone advise something new?