Word Field Code Symbol

Old December 30th 09, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoeV

Default Word Field Code Symbol

I created a bookmark for a field code and I am currently sending one symbol
to that bookmark, {SYMBOL \u 1092}. How can I modify {SYMBOL \u 1092} to add
a second symbol 1093?
Old December 30th 09, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Just asking: does " \u " introduce a Unicode coding? 1092 and 1093 are
part of the Myanmar (Burmese) range and are "reserved" and should not
be used for anything else. What is the purpose of your bookmark?

Old December 30th 09, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoeV

The "\u" is for unicode, the 1092 and 1093 are just an example. My symbols
would be 1053, 1050, 1055 and 1056 all to be used if possible in one
bookmark. The bookmark is used when my external program writes data to the
document.

.

Old December 30th 09, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

I don't understand what you're trying to do, but why can't you simply
type the four Burmese letters?

Old December 30th 09, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What command it being used by your external program to "send" the
information to the bookmark?

See the article "Working with Bookmarks in VBA” at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...hBookmarks.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Old December 31st 09, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

If you could explain why you're "sending symbols to a bookmark," maybe
someone could come up with a way to do what you want to do.

Old December 31st 09, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoeV

I have a Russian document that has generic information. I have program that I
created that will write to the Russian document with specific information in
Russian for each instrument that we are testing and the information needs to
go in its each specific location within the document. The software package
that I am using does not support the entire unicode format. It so happens the
Russian characters that I need are out of the range of my software package,
there 16 bit instead of 8 bit. The bookmark is to define the specific
location for each piece of information and the field code is to send the
decimal value of each Russian letter.

Old December 31st 09, 02:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Help topic for the SYMBOL field says that it "Inserts a single character
or a string of characters in the ANSI character set." Although no examples
are given, I would suggest that you try specifying more than one, the
numbers separated by a comma (or semicolon if a comma is used as the decimal
point), and see what happens.

http://word.mvps.org

Old December 31st 09, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoeV

Suzanne, I tried the following {SYMBOL 1053,1050,1055,1056 \u} then replaced
the comma's with semicolon and still it sends only the first symbol to the
document.