typing moves to another area

Old April 8th 10, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nanneely

Default typing moves to another area

While typing in word whether email or a word document, the words I am typing
moves to another location, lots of times. It is extremely frustrating. It
has done it while I am typing this note. What causes it and what can be done?
Old April 8th 10, 02:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George[_2_]

I'm guessing that you're using a notebook with a touchpad, and
that you may also have a mouse attached to it. Sometimes when
you're typing, your thumb can get too close to a sensitive
touchpad, and that will move the insertion point to the wrong
place. You can disable the touchpad in Control Panel Mouse
Touchpad tab, and just use the mouse. Or if you don't want to use
a mouse, look for a setting on the Touchpad tab to make it less
sensitive.

Hth,
George

Old April 8th 10, 02:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George[_2_]

"nanneely" wrote in message
While typing in word whether email or a word document, the words
I am typing
moves to another location, lots of times. It is extremely
frustrating. It
has done it while I am typing this note. What causes it and
what can be done?

my cursor moves while typing causing me to insert information pat Microsoft Word Help 2 March 17th 10 12:08 AM
why cursor moves all around therefore so do words when typing carolynr Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 10 11:14 PM
remove marks which denote typing area. Editor Microsoft Word Help 1 September 10th 08 05:14 PM
Restricted Typing area Aurora Tables 0 August 20th 07 04:00 PM
typing my second line cursor moves to bottom Milwaukee Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 05 09:24 PM