Having Actual Typing Area, Only, Show ?

Old April 16th 10, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob[_8_]

Default Having Actual Typing Area, Only, Show ?

Hello,

Using Word 2007 and Windows 7.

I want to always have my documents set up in the normal, typical manner:

The paper size is 8.5x11
The margins are all around 1"

When I make the ruler visible, I see that the white typing area
(seems to)extends to over 12".

This messes up my printing etc., if I, or someone else, forgets about it.

So, how do I only have the actual typing area of about 6.5" show only ?
Or, perhaps the page boundary of 8.5" only show ?

Thanks,
Bob
Old April 17th 10, 08:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

Word Options | Advanced tab and under Show Document Content, check the Text
Boundaries option.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Using Word 2007 and Windows 7.

I want to always have my documents set up in the normal, typical manner:

The paper size is 8.5x11
The margins are all around 1"

When I make the ruler visible, I see that the white typing area
(seems to)extends to over 12".

This messes up my printing etc., if I, or someone else, forgets about it.

So, how do I only have the actual typing area of about 6.5" show only ?
Or, perhaps the page boundary of 8.5" only show ?

Thanks,
Bob

typing moves to another area nanneely Microsoft Word Help 2 April 8th 10 02:38 AM
Restricted Typing area Aurora Tables 0 August 20th 07 04:00 PM
i lost the actual display of the labels I am typing Shirl Page Layout 1 April 4th 07 06:32 PM
Show actual name of file path after you have renamed it hornbecky83 Tables 3 January 11th 07 06:20 PM
Word: How do I get { FILENAME } to show as the actual file name CiveB Page Layout 2 February 23rd 06 08:46 AM