From OP: Having Only Actual Typing Area Show.

Old April 17th 10, 12:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob[_8_]

Default From OP: Having Only Actual Typing Area Show.

Hello,

Thanks for help.

Nope.

Did what you suggested.
The full 12" or so of white area, per the ruler, still shows.

Only now there is a dotted line around the very periphery of the white.

All I want to see is a 8.5 inch white area, or just my typing area.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks again,
Bob
Old April 17th 10, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

I'm not really following your problem here. You say you have set up the
paper to A4 with 1" margins but the ruler is showing 12" wide paper?

Are you sure the ruler is displaying inches? Have you got the Zoom correctly
set? Do you have a printer driver installed and set as the Windows Default?

Terry

Old April 17th 10, 01:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Possibly the document contains markup and is showing the extra space allowed
for balloons?

http://word.mvps.org

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Thanks for help.

Nope.

Did what you suggested.
The full 12" or so of white area, per the ruler, still shows.

Only now there is a dotted line around the very periphery of the white.

All I want to see is a 8.5 inch white area, or just my typing area.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks again,
Bob

Having Actual Typing Area, Only, Show ? Bob[_8_] New Users 1 April 17th 10 08:24 AM
Restricted Typing area Aurora Tables 0 August 20th 07 04:00 PM
i lost the actual display of the labels I am typing Shirl Page Layout 1 April 4th 07 06:32 PM
Show actual name of file path after you have renamed it hornbecky83 Tables 3 January 11th 07 06:20 PM
Word: How do I get { FILENAME } to show as the actual file name CiveB Page Layout 2 February 23rd 06 08:46 AM