How do I create a special character or symbol in Word 2000?

Old April 9th 05, 04:49 PM
Dan

Default How do I create a special character or symbol in Word 2000?

I need to create a p^ where the hat is on the p. I also need to create a
capital of the greek mu. I cannot find these in the insert symbol gallery.
Any ideas?
Old April 9th 05, 05:17 PM

For the p^ character, see http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Overbar.htm.
Use character 02C6 for the circumflex, not 005E (ASCII 0094).

For capital mu, use character 039C in any standard Unicode font (it looks
just like a capital M, however). For lowercase mu, use 03BC.