I get "W" with a line through when I type "\"

Old April 19th 20, 08:19 PM
jamesperales jamesperales is offline
Banned

Thank you for this glorious https://asianwomendating.org/chinese-mail-order-brides/ article! Severely, I relished looking through it; you would possibly be described as a excellent creator. I'll be absolutely sure to bookmark your blog and sometimes return within the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your fantastic crafting.There are many advantages by visiting this site, the increased knowledge of the existence of a set of news up to date, can add connections with other visitors and can introduce stalls each to every visitor
Old May 7th 20, 02:06 PM
RuskinF RuskinF is offline
Banned

Originally Posted by mogwai View Post
Word 2003, XP (SP2)

Hi,

Everytime I type "\" I get a struck-through capital "w".

I don't have "strike-through" enabled in the "Font" box (Format Font) or
the "Formatting" toolbar.

I don't have "Track Changes" enabled (Tools Track Changes; or the
"Reviewing" toolbar)

What do I have to do to disable whatever I've inadvertently enabled?

Thanks.
The "/" may be getting replaced by "w" because of inconsistency in the dictionary.

Follow these steps to solve the problem:

1. Open a document in Word and enable Spelling and Grammar check on the document by clicking “Review” in the top navigation ribbon, and then clicking the “Spelling & Grammar” tab. Change or ignore misspelled words, as desired, when the Spelling dialog box displays a suspected misspelling. Spell check the entire document.
2. Click the “File” option, and then click “Options” once the spell checker has reached the end of the document.
3. Click the “Proofing” option, and then click the “Recheck Document” option. A warning message displays indicating that the operation resets the spelling and grammar checker so that Word will recheck words you previously checked.
4. Click “Yes” to continue, and then click “OK” to close the Word Options box. Spell check rechecks the document.

Regards.
Ruskin | Admin
Apps4Rent | o365ClopudExperts | CloudDesktopOnline

Last edited by RuskinF : May 7th 20 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Edited to put links