Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amandar097 Amandar097 is offline

Default Replace spaces with tabs

I pasted some text into my Word document, but instead of using tabs to
separate sections, there are several spaces. Can I use find and replace to
replace all four space sections with a tab instead?

Thanks,
Amanda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I am not really sure what you mean by a "space section", but to replace
something with a tab space, insert ^t in the Replace with section of the
EditReplace dialog. If it is four spaces that you want to replace, press
the space bar four times when the cursor is in the Find what box of the
dialog.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Amandar097" wrote in message
I pasted some text into my Word document, but instead of using tabs to
separate sections, there are several spaces. Can I use find and replace
replace all four space sections with a tab instead?

Thanks,
Amanda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If they are variable multiple spaces then with the wildcard option set
replace
[ ]{2,}
with
^t