Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bongo Bongo is offline

Default Dimensions of embedded PowerPoint slides

Hello

I have used Insert:Object:Microsoft PowerPoint Slide to insert a slide.

1. The landscape page appears onscreen as a miniaturized PowerPoint slide
(44-point text in the slide appears similar in size to 24-point text in the
document).

2. With the slide open for editing, the page layout indicates a full A4
(landscape) page size.

3. The Size pane of the Format Object dialog indicates that the object is
sized at 100%.

How can I edit with / see the true dimensions (as displayed in Word) when
editing the embedded PowerPoint slide?

Thanks in advance
Bongo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bongo Bongo is offline

Sorry, point (2) below is inaccurate. The page layout shows normal A4
portrait orientation, and changes to page layout change the main document,
not the PowerPoint slide.

The same question remains, however. Would appreciate thoughts.

"Bongo" wrote:

Hello

I have used Insert:Object:Microsoft PowerPoint Slide to insert a slide.

1. The landscape page appears onscreen as a miniaturized PowerPoint slide
(44-point text in the slide appears similar in size to 24-point text in the
document).

2. With the slide open for editing, the page layout indicates a full A4
(landscape) page size.

3. The Size pane of the Format Object dialog indicates that the object is
sized at 100%.

How can I edit with / see the true dimensions (as displayed in Word) when
editing the embedded PowerPoint slide?

Thanks in advance
Bongo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Bongo,

What version of Word and Powerpoint are you using?

if you use Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display, what does the field show after 'EMBED' ?

Perhaps one of the Word folks here who is more into programming has additional information on what determines the size of an OLE
object default 'window' size when inserting it into Word or another app. I had asked some of the Powerpoint folks but didn't get a
reply.

================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bongo Bongo is offline

Hi Bob

Thanks for your follow-up. Powerpoint is 2003 (11.8169.8202) SP 3. Word is
2003 (11.8202.8202) SP 3.

The field code you refer to is PowerPoint.Slide.8.

Tx & rgrds
Bongo