Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alyssa Alyssa is offline

Default Quick Styles on Word 2007

Im a college student, and I really like using Quick Styles to organize my
notes and study sheets, but the majority of documents I write are for essays.
Every single essay uses size 12 Times New Roman font, with a single-spaced
heading and a double-spaced body. I dont need the fancy colors and fonts,
and I especially dont need the default, so-called €śNormal€ť paragraph style,
which skips a line every time I press €śenter€ť. I tinkered around with it for
a while, and managed to make a style set with size 12 Times New Roman font,
but my paragraphs were still screwed up. In the process, I accidentally
affected all the pre-existing quick styles, and now they are all messed up.
How do I€¦

-Reset all of the quick styles to default
-Then make one new style that fits the font I need and defaults to the €śno
spacing€ť paragraph style

This will save me a lot of time in formatting each essay individually, so
Id be grateful for any help you can give me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the Home ribbon tab, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. Then,
click Change Styles | Fonts and choose the desired fonts. Finally, click
Change Styles | Set as Default.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alyssa" wrote in message
I'm a college student, and I really like using Quick Styles to organize my
notes and study sheets, but the majority of documents I write are for
essays.
Every single essay uses size 12 Times New Roman font, with a single-spaced
heading and a double-spaced body. I don't need the fancy colors and
fonts,
and I especially don't need the default, so-called "Normal" paragraph
style,
which skips a line every time I press "enter". I tinkered around with it
for
a while, and managed to make a style set with size 12 Times New Roman
font,
but my paragraphs were still screwed up. In the process, I accidentally
affected all the pre-existing quick styles, and now they are all messed
up.
How do I.

-Reset all of the quick styles to default
-Then make one new style that fits the font I need and defaults to the "no
spacing" paragraph style

This will save me a lot of time in formatting each essay individually, so
I'd be grateful for any help you can give me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

~~