Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim_Ver Tim_Ver is offline

Default Word 2002 SP3 - Weird lines

I have lines on my word documents and no matter what I do I can not get
rid of them. I delete them but the just come back and they cause major
issues. I am creating forms and these lines screw up everything.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Tim_Ver" wrote:

I have lines on my word documents and no matter what I do I can not get
rid of them. I delete them but the just come back and they cause major
issues. I am creating forms and these lines screw up everything.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

I think you need to be a bit more explicit...

Lines? Weird? How?
Vertical?
Horizontal?
Diagonal?
All three?
Just this one document?
All documents?
Some documents, but not all?
What colour, weight, length?
Do they print as well, or just on screen, or vice-cersa?
When you create your document, at what point do they start to appear (or are
they present from the get-go?)
How have you tried to get rid of them?
Has it always been like this? If not, when did this start to happen?
Do you wear glasses? If so, are they scratched?
Do you have cats? If so, could they have scratched your monitor?
Are you taking meds? If so, have you forgotten to take them?

???

Help us help you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim_Ver Tim_Ver is offline

The lines are Horizontal on the page and they have always been there. If I
create a new document then there are now lines and I am ok but if I copy
anything from the old doc into the new it comes over. They are black in
color, if you go over it with a mouse it forms to arrows so you can drag it
up or down. The line is allows about six inches long. If you hold down shif
and underscore that is the thickness of these lines like you are going to
underline something.

If you hit enter after typing a few lines it just shows up. I have tried
highlighting it and deleting it with zero luck.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Sounds like borders. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm. Possibly your
normal style has acquired a border.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you can you send me a sample that contains the lines, I can try to
diagnose and tell you what they are and how to prevent them from happening.
You can send to herb at herbtyson dot com, replacing at and dot with the
appropriate symbols.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible