Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KingKaos KingKaos is offline

Default Record 1 contains too few data fields

I've got Office 2003 Pro - trying to merge a query into word - I've had
not problems with it before (with other querys) but now - I keep getting
this error message - I've loaded all the hotfix files and patches and
attempted to follow one web site that had me change some of the registry
items - but nothing works - does anyone know if there is any way around
this - I can't even set up my mail merge doc with the query fields.

Thanks

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KingKaos KingKaos is offline

Yes - by a query in Access

This is really strange - but it I added a field to my Query that was
spaced - eg. If I used Client Name, instead of ClientName - Word would
give me the "Record 1 contains too few data field" message and not let
me use mail merge - I would still like to fix this problems - I have
several table and a few querys that I would completely have to redo to
make this work correnctly (without the spaces)

does any of this make any sense?

Thanks
Keith

"KingKaos" wrote in message

I've got Office 2003 Pro - trying to merge a query into word - I've had
not problems with it before (with other querys) but now - I keep getting
this error message - I've loaded all the hotfix files and patches and
attempted to follow one web site that had me change some of the registry
items - but nothing works - does anyone know if there is any way around
this - I can't even set up my mail merge doc with the query fields.

Thanks

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you have a field in the Access query with the name Client Name as two
words, Word is seeing that as two fields when in fact the data for is
containined in just one field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KingKaos" wrote in message

I've got Office 2003 Pro - trying to merge a query into word - I've had
not problems with it before (with other querys) but now - I keep getting
this error message - I've loaded all the hotfix files and patches and
attempted to follow one web site that had me change some of the registry
items - but nothing works - does anyone know if there is any way around
this - I can't even set up my mail merge doc with the query fields.

Thanks

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Can you post the SQL version of the query here please?

Peter Jamieson

"KingKaos" wrote in message

I've got Office 2003 Pro - trying to merge a query into word - I've had
not problems with it before (with other querys) but now - I keep getting
this error message - I've loaded all the hotfix files and patches and
attempted to follow one web site that had me change some of the registry
items - but nothing works - does anyone know if there is any way around
this - I can't even set up my mail merge doc with the query fields.

Thanks

Keith

No of fields in a Data Source syfam Mailmerge 1 February 23rd 06 05:04 PM
Merge data fields Valerie Mailmerge 3 January 19th 06 09:16 PM
Populate Merge Fields via VB.NET ben Mailmerge 5 June 21st 05 05:43 PM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 06:10 AM
posting data from text input fields to fields later in document BOB Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 07:19 PM