Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
typingtempest

Default Did Microsoft Word 2002 come with a manual?

I recently bought Word 2002 on amazon but it didn't come with the original
manual. I would like to know if this product came with a manual and where I
can find one new or used.

Thank you
Word 2002 user
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Nope - well, probably not and if it did, it was just a little skinny thing
that didn't really help you.

Try this link. Free is a very good price!
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...958171033.aspx

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"typingtempest" wrote in message
I recently bought Word 2002 on amazon but it didn't come with the original
manual. I would like to know if this product came with a manual and where
can find one new or used.

Thank you
Word 2002 user

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
typingtempest

Thank you for the link JoAnn - I found a book called "Microsoft Word 2002
Pure and Simple" that looks promising. I am one of those people that needs a
book with an index etc. rather than audio or CD lessons. Your post was
helpful just to know that there wasn't a manual included. Are you a
Microsoft VP? Thank you for taking the time to write.

typingtempest

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Nope - well, probably not and if it did, it was just a little skinny thing
that didn't really help you.

Try this link. Free is a very good price!
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...958171033.aspx

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"typingtempest" wrote in message
I recently bought Word 2002 on amazon but it didn't come with the original
manual. I would like to know if this product came with a manual and where
can find one new or used.

Thank you
Word 2002 user

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The "manuals" that have come with recent versions of Office have been more
promotion than instruction--a lot of hype about what you can do with each
product and virtually no information about how to do it.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Nope - well, probably not and if it did, it was just a little skinny

thing
that didn't really help you.

Try this link. Free is a very good price!
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...958171033.aspx

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"typingtempest" wrote in

message
I recently bought Word 2002 on amazon but it didn't come with the

original
manual. I would like to know if this product came with a manual and

where
can find one new or used.

Thank you
Word 2002 user

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Ha ha! Not a VP (who makes a lot of money) but an MVP (who gets paid nothing
to try to help others).

I gotta tell you - I have a bookshelf full of those bright yellow books that
all end with "...for Dummies". Quite helpful but sometimes a bit too cute.