Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronda M

Default I can't remember the name of a saved document but I do remember s.

I normally save my documents by classifying them and then adding a date. I
must have incorrectly typed the date of the document I'm now attempting to
retrieve. I do remember specific names within the document itself. Can I find
the saved document by content?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You can use Windows Search to search for files by date or by (limited)
content.

In Windows, Press Start Search and follow instructions.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ronda M" Ronda wrote in message
I normally save my documents by classifying them and then adding a date. I
must have incorrectly typed the date of the document I'm now attempting to
retrieve. I do remember specific names within the document itself. Can I

find
the saved document by content?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Searching your entire HD for text is time-consuming. If you know what folder
the document is likely in (My Documents for a start), it helps to navigate
to that folder first in Windows Explorer. To open Windows Explorer,
right-click on the Start button and choose Explore or press the Windows Key
+ E. When you have the right folder open, click Search on the toolbar.