Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Crystal T Crystal T is offline

Default Printing Labels from a Mail Merge File

I am trying to print labels (Avery 5960) for a mass mailing. I'm not sure
what has changed since I last tried to print from Microsoft Word 2003, but
for some reason, the print layout will show all thirty labels being used
correctly. When I go to print preview the bottom two rows are left blank and
that is how the pages print. Is there a setting I can change? How can I get
the computer / printer to use all thirty labels per page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There are two sets of settings: Word's view of what paper size you are
using, margins etc., as seen in Word 2003 File|Page Setup, and the printer
driver's view, as seen in Word File|Print|(select the printer then click
Properties). There can be problems if they do not match. It is probably
worth
a. merging to a new document
b. ensuring that all the labels appear to be there in the new document
c. with the new document open, try File|Print, make sure your printer is
slected, then click Properties and ensure that the paper size is what you
expect and there are no other unusual settings (sorry to be vague, but they
are all different).

(I doubt if any of the following is responsible, but you could also verify
that Word is not trying to Scale output (File|Print|Zoom) and unchecking
A4/US Letter resizing in File|Print|Options)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk