Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TSE TSE is offline

Default Scrolling Problem

I'm currently using Office 2007 and for some reason, my mouse scroll works in
every application (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, IE, etc.) except Word. My IS
department has tried several things including reinstalling and other
troubleshooting with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:26:02 -0700, TSE
wrote:

I'm currently using Office 2007 and for some reason, my mouse scroll works in
every application (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, IE, etc.) except Word. My IS
department has tried several things including reinstalling and other
troubleshooting with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

There have been a number of reports of this problem. It seems to be
related to particular mouse drivers. Try reinstalling the mouse
driver, upgrading your driver if there's a later version, or using a
different mouse and driver combination.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate Barrett Kate Barrett is offline

See if you have the progam SNAG IT and take it out. It has to do with add
ins. By taking out SnagIT it worked. Boy was this a hassle Good Luck!!

wrote:

I'm currently using Office 2007 and for some reason, my mouse scroll works in
every application (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, IE, etc.) except Word. My IS
department has tried several things including reinstalling and other
troubleshooting with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

There have been a number of reports of this problem. It seems to be
related to particular mouse drivers. Try reinstalling the mouse
driver, upgrading your driver if there's a later version, or using a
different mouse and driver combination.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It's a nice theory, but I do have SnagIt and Office 2007, and my mouse
wheel works with no problems. Still, it is worth a try to remove any
add-ins; if the mouse starts working, put the add-ins back one at a
time to see if one of them causes the problem to return.

wrote:

I'm currently using Office 2007 and for some reason, my mouse scroll works in
every application (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, IE, etc.) except Word. My IS
department has tried several things including reinstalling and other
troubleshooting with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

There have been a number of reports of this problem. It seems to be
related to particular mouse drivers. Try reinstalling the mouse
driver, upgrading your driver if there's a later version, or using a
different mouse and driver combination.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rayasiom Rayasiom is offline

Not sure if you've fixed your problem yet - but I was having the same hassle
and tried to update the mouse driver to no avail.
I have a wireless Labtec mouse and found on the mouse settings under a
section on Wheel Mode there were two options - Enhanced scroll mode and
System default (Intelli-Mouse) mode.
I think that the software had automatically selected the Enhanced scroll
mode and this was not allowing me to scroll in Word, but since I have changed
it to the system default mode, there have been no problems.

"TSE" wrote:

I'm currently using Office 2007 and for some reason, my mouse scroll works in
every application (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, IE, etc.) except Word. My IS
department has tried several things including reinstalling and other
troubleshooting with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Windows User2007 Windows User2007 is offline

That same fix worked for me too - except (sob ) now the scrolling is 3x
slower than in Enhanced Scroll Mode that I was used to for 5 years. Anyone
know how to adjust the scroll speed?