fatdave

Default Auto text input

I have put togeather a template for my invoices. One box is a account number.
Is there anyway that i can select them from a list and then ther address gets
put on the page.

Thanks.

Word 2000
Peter Jamieson

Not using "out of the box" features - you would need to use VBA, and
assuming there are a /lot/ of accounts you should probably think in terms of
coding a VBA Userform for this. Or, if you hold your invoice data in
something like Access, you might be better off making the selection using
its facilities and either using Access reporting or some VBA to automate
Word to do what you need.

However, if you are willing to lower your sights a bit, you can set of a
mail merge main document that uses a data source containing account number
and address, then use the Find facilities to select a specific record. Then
you can preview the invoice and either print it, or perhaps unlink all the
fields (select, ctrl-shift-F9, or you may need a bit more if you have merge
fields in headers etc.) and use Save As to save a copy.

That all assumes you can create your invoices from just a single record. If
they need "detail lines" you'll have to work a bit harder.

Peter Jamieson