Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bevoir11 bevoir11 is offline

Default how to cross reference to heading called H1 instead of "heading"?

I want to insert cross references. My style sheet uses heading styles such as
H1 and H2. Word seems to only allow a cross reference to a heading called
"heading". Is there a work around?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Do this:
Bookmark the headings you want to refer to (select the heading text, then
select Insert Bookmark, type a name and click Add).

When creating the cross-references, select "Bookmark" as the reference type
- all your bookmarks will then appear in the list in the Cross-reference
dialog box. It is recommended to name the bookmarks so that the individual
headings are easy to identify.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg