Cath

Default in consistent columns width

1.When I combine two different tables, even though I check the table size and
column widths are the same for each table and they are both left aligned, the
column widths are not consistent throught the entire document. What can I do
when they are in seperate tables that will allow me to combine them more
easily.
2. When I try to resize the column width of the part of the table that does
not match the other part of the table I can not line up the columns exactly.
They are slightly off, which looks terrable in my final table. When I click
on Table proporties, column witdth, I change the numeric value, but it still
doesn't make the columns consistent. I do have some merged cells in my table
and the document is very long. (which is why I split the tables into
different documents to work on it- then I will merge them all together at the
end)

Genine

HI Cath
Hold down the alt key when dragging the table column borders, it allows you
to be much more accurate and it also gives you measurements in the ruler.
This means you can make both tables match.
Genine