Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Default AM/PM selection character

I'm creating a form (it will be printed and filled out manually), and I'd
like to give them one of those AM/PM selections where the AM is on top and
the PM is on the bottom. Is there a font that has this as a character?
Alternatively, is there another way to create it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Thanks Suzanne - I gave it a try and it works, but still not exactly what I
was looking for. It is bigger than a regular line, so it messes up the line
spacing.

I know I see this on printed forms all the time - I guess was hoping that
there was a special character somewhere that could accomplish it. Oh
well...guess I will stick with the old "AM/PM" on one line.

Thanks though - I didn't know it was possible to do this, and I'm sure it
will come in handy in the future.

Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Change the font size to half the size of the text font or use small caps. Be
creative! You can edit the EQ field by pressing Alt+F9 to display the field
code. You can select the text in the field code and apply font formatting as
you would to any other text.

"Jen" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne - I gave it a try and it works, but still not exactly what

was looking for. It is bigger than a regular line, so it messes up the

line
spacing.

I know I see this on printed forms all the time - I guess was hoping that
there was a special character somewhere that could accomplish it. Oh
well...guess I will stick with the old "AM/PM" on one line.

Thanks though - I didn't know it was possible to do this, and I'm sure it
will come in handy in the future.

Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Maybe still not exactly what you want, but try the macro at
http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm
which will format text to look like a fraction as well as numbers.

Jen wrote:
Thanks Suzanne - I gave it a try and it works, but still not exactly
what I was looking for. It is bigger than a regular line, so it
messes up the line spacing.

I know I see this on printed forms all the time - I guess was hoping
that there was a special character somewhere that could accomplish
it. Oh well...guess I will stick with the old "AM/PM" on one line.

Thanks though - I didn't know it was possible to do this, and I'm
sure it will come in handy in the future.

Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It will look like ½ only with am where the 1 is and pm where the 2 is
The macro doesn't actually use the fraction switch but creates the
'fraction' from formatted characters.

Jen wrote:
Thanks Suzanne - I gave it a try and it works, but still not exactly
what I was looking for. It is bigger than a regular line, so it
messes up the line spacing.

I know I see this on printed forms all the time - I guess was hoping
that there was a special character somewhere that could accomplish
it. Oh well...guess I will stick with the old "AM/PM" on one line.

Thanks though - I didn't know it was possible to do this, and I'm
sure it will come in handy in the future.

Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, that may be an acceptable alternative, but it's not what the OP asked
for, which was AM directly above PM (no line).

Jen wrote:
Thanks Suzanne - I gave it a try and it works, but still not exactly
what I was looking for. It is bigger than a regular line, so it
messes up the line spacing.

I know I see this on printed forms all the time - I guess was hoping
that there was a special character somewhere that could accomplish
it. Oh well...guess I will stick with the old "AM/PM" on one line.

Thanks though - I didn't know it was possible to do this, and I'm
sure it will come in handy in the future.

Jen

Wood 2002 remove character style and revert to paragraph style Nimbus Page Layout 3 March 6th 06 09:36 AM
International Keyboard mike New Users 2 January 23rd 06 12:41 AM
Problem with Advanced selection Criteria JR Hester Mailmerge 2 November 3rd 05 07:24 PM
Automatic Update with character styles Martinphilip Microsoft Word Help 2 May 3rd 05 04:42 PM
How do you end or "turn off" a character style while entering text Larry Root Microsoft Word Help 3 April 25th 05 03:29 PM