don bowyer

Default Loss of Customized toolbars

I run Word 2002 (1.06612.6714)SP3 - as Part of MS Office.
More than once, my customized toolbars have, for no
apparent reason, disappeared, never to be seen again.
All the standard or built-in bars that come with Word
remained available, but I had to rebuild my specials.
My question is:
1. Is it possible to store customised toolbars in a
location of the user's choosing?
2. If so, how would one retrieve them in the event of
their loss from the Word application?
3. Custom toolbars must be stored somewhere in the depths
of Word or Office as application files. Could these be
retrieved?
Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Regards
Don Bowyer

Jonathan West

Hi Don

These articles will cover what you want to know

What do Templates and Add-ins store?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm

Distributing macros to other users
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...buteMacros.htm

Creating Custom Toolbars for Templates

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
www.intelligentdocuments.co.uk
Please reply to the newsgroup

"don bowyer" wrote in message
I run Word 2002 (1.06612.6714)SP3 - as Part of MS Office.
More than once, my customized toolbars have, for no
apparent reason, disappeared, never to be seen again.
All the standard or built-in bars that come with Word
remained available, but I had to rebuild my specials.
My question is:
1. Is it possible to store customised toolbars in a
location of the user's choosing?
2. If so, how would one retrieve them in the event of
their loss from the Word application?
3. Custom toolbars must be stored somewhere in the depths
of Word or Office as application files. Could these be
retrieved?
Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Regards
Don Bowyer