Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DonnaP.[_2_] DonnaP.[_2_] is offline

Default Spell Check Not Picking Up All Words

I have a user who is experiencing an issue when spell checking within Word
2002, SP3. Spell check refuses to pick up two specific word (it is spell
checking the rest of the document correctly). I have checked the custom.dic
and the words do not reside there (the two word are fess (should be fees) and
wavier (waiver). I also went to Tools | Options | Spellcheck and confirmed
the words did not reside in Autocorrect. Also within Tools | Options |
Spelling & Grammar, I tried unchecking the custom dictionary and ran the test
(which did not work) as well as then checking the custom dictionary back on
and unchecking Suggest from main dictionary only. I also checked under Tools
| Language | Set Language and confirmed Do not check spelling or grammar was
unchecked. As a last resort, I removed normal.dot (after closing Word) and
let it recreate itself but the words are still not being found.

I launched Outlook and created a new e-mail using the words and they are not
being found in Outlook either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Actually those two words don't get cited by spell check simply because they
are both legitimate words - just because they aren't the words the user
intended to type doesn't mean they are incorrectly spelled... just like hear
& here.

If there is little use of "wavier" (more wavy) and fess (wide band on a
heraldic shield) you may want to *add* them to the AutoCorrect list to be
changed to "waiver" & "fees", respectively. Otherwise, just grin & bear it
with the knowledge that we both have had our vocabulary enhanced

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones