Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
George

Default Why does Label Mail Merge skip first record on subsequent pages

This happens with Avery labels during a Mail Merge with an Excel Data sheet.
Everytime the labels fill a page, the first record for the subsequent page
is skipped.
Does anyone know why this happens and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance.

George
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You almost certainly have the Next Record field after the last merge
field in each label on the sheet.

Such a field needs to before the first mergefield in all labels EXCEPT the
first label on the sheet.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"George" wrote in message
This happens with Avery labels during a Mail Merge with an Excel Data
sheet.
Everytime the labels fill a page, the first record for the subsequent page
is skipped.
Does anyone know why this happens and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance.

George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
George

Default Why does Label Mail Merge skip first record on subsequent page

From what you posted, I played around and found that if I skip the Next
Record on the last label everything works fine. I should note that on each
label the Next Record field follows the other merge fields.

Thanks for your help.

"George" wrote in message
This happens with Avery labels during a Mail Merge with an Excel Data
sheet.
Everytime the labels fill a page, the first record for the subsequent page
is skipped.
Does anyone know why this happens and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance.

George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Normally the Next Record goes before the first mergefield in all labels
EXCEPT the first, but deleting if you have it after the mergefields then you
would need it on the first label but NOT on the last as you have discovered.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP