Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shayla2008 Shayla2008 is offline

Default Using formulas in tables

I want to use an invoice template but I am having a very hard time figuring
out the formulas to use to calculate taxes etc.

Can I change my view to reference a cell in word so I can see what column &
row to enter into my formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm

You may also want to take a look at fellow MVP Macropod's tutorial on
formula field coding at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shayla2008" wrote in message
I want to use an invoice template but I am having a very hard time figuring
out the formulas to use to calculate taxes etc.

Can I change my view to reference a cell in word so I can see what column
&
row to enter into my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shayla2008 Shayla2008 is offline

How do I get the Table Cell Data Add In so I can reference cells in the
table. It is not in my list of add ons in my word options. I couldn't
locate it on microsoft either...

Thanks,
Shay

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm

You may also want to take a look at fellow MVP Macropod's tutorial on
formula field coding at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shayla2008" wrote in message
I want to use an invoice template but I am having a very hard time figuring
out the formulas to use to calculate taxes etc.

Can I change my view to reference a cell in word so I can see what column
&
row to enter into my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You need to read the web page to which I directed you.

The instructions for how to use Greg's method are included near the bottom
of his webpage

To use TableCellData, simply copy the macro and two functions to a module in
your VBA project. For help with this, see fellow MVP Graham Mayor's Guide
for Installing Macros.

To assign TableCellData to a keyboard shortcut see How to assign a Word
command or macro to a hot-key. To assign to a menu (including mouse right
button shortcut menu) or toolbar button, see How to assign a Word command or
macro to a toolbar or menu.

Unquote

If you want to use the less capable Microsoft macro, click on the
Macros8.Dot link in the first paragraph of Greg's webpage and then on the
page that you are taken to, you will find a "following this link" link about
a quarter to a third the way down the page.

Both of these web pages contain instructions, or links to instructions that
tell you how to make use of whichever utility that you do download.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm

You may also want to take a look at fellow MVP Macropod's tutorial on
formula field coding at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shayla2008" wrote in message
I want to use an invoice template but I am having a very hard time
figuring
out the formulas to use to calculate taxes etc.

Can I change my view to reference a cell in word so I can see what
column
&
row to enter into my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shayla2008 Shayla2008 is offline

I did and hoped there would be an easier way like just finding an add in and
clicking on it...hopes dashed. I have never worked with macros before.
I followed all the instructions and I do not have the Table Cell Data added
to my ribbon. When I manually try to run the macro the error message comes
up and says
Compile error:
Amibiguous name detected: TableCellData

and is highlighting the very first line of the macro
Sub TableCellData ()

What do I do with this?

I copied the macro and two functions at once. Do I need to copy and paste
the functions elsewhere?

Thanks, Shay

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm

You may also want to take a look at fellow MVP Macropod's tutorial on
formula field coding at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shayla2008" wrote in message
I want to use an invoice template but I am having a very hard time
figuring
out the formulas to use to calculate taxes etc.

Can I change my view to reference a cell in word so I can see what
column
&
row to enter into my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It sounds like you might have copied the Sub TableCellData() macro more than
once.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm

You may also want to take a look at fellow MVP Macropod's tutorial on
formula field coding at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shayla2008" wrote in message
I want to use an invoice template but I am having a very hard time
figuring
out the formulas to use to calculate taxes etc.

Can I change my view to reference a cell in word so I can see what
column
&
row to enter into my formula?

Trying Understand Formulas In Tables Bill Bradshaw[_2_] Tables 6 February 13th 08 12:40 AM
Formulas in Tables kr Tables 1 February 20th 07 10:51 PM
Tables and Formulas in Forms Bert0529 Tables 1 October 13th 06 09:16 PM
FORMULAS IN TABLES STOBBSNET1 New Users 6 February 27th 06 10:30 PM
Tables/Formulas smithy23 Tables 1 August 22nd 05 06:03 PM