Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marcel Dijkstra Marcel Dijkstra is offline

Default Table in Table

Recently I updated from MS Office Word 2003 [11.5604.5606] to Word 2003
[11.8237.8221] SP3 and I noticed a change when working on a table in a table.
Do not ask why I need it, but it so happens.

The change I see is when basically you take a new document and insert a
table. This can be a single cell table. Inside the table you insert once more
a table, lets say also a single cell table. Then when moving down with the
arrow key from the inner table to the outer table a white line appears in the
outer table just below the inner table. This happens in all versions of Word,
it allows you to right-click with the mouse and set table properties for the
outer table or you can start writing below the inner table.

The difference is that when did not type anything and you move out of both
tables with the cursor the white line remains in the outer table. The white
line is only removed when you save the file and reopen it again. When placing
the cursor again inside the outer table and then outside of all tables the
same white line is back again.

In my previous version of Word the white line is always removed when moving
out of both tables. Now I need to save my document and reopen it again to
accurately display page layout as it is printed.

Maybe this can be brought back to its normal behaviour in a next update,
Marcel Dijkstra

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.word.tables