Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helen Helen is offline

Default Word table in 2003 versus Word table in 2007

Good day,

We created a form with tables to be filled in by our client. We are on XP,
2003. The client is on Vista, 2007. When he fills in the cells, some of
them litterally go over some of the text that is not included in the table.
Therefore, the final result is "unreadable" at their end.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
No Name

Did you use Form Fields with a fixed character length inside the table cells
?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Helen" wrote in message
news
Good day,

We created a form with tables to be filled in by our client. We are on
XP,
2003. The client is on Vista, 2007. When he fills in the cells, some of
them litterally go over some of the text that is not included in the
table.
Therefore, the final result is "unreadable" at their end.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helen Helen is offline

Hello Terry,

Finally, we looked at the Word 2003 table properties, and the text was
surrounding the table, which created the whole problem.

Thanks for getting back to me!

"Helen" wrote in message
news
Good day,

We created a form with tables to be filled in by our client. We are on
XP,
2003. The client is on Vista, 2007. When he fills in the cells, some of
them litterally go over some of the text that is not included in the
table.
Therefore, the final result is "unreadable" at their end.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Sounds like the table had inadvertently become wrapped. That can happen very
easily if you just barely nudge the table handle, much less drag it. On the
Table tab of Table Properties, set text wrapping to None.

http://word.mvps.org

news