Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joanie Joanie is offline

Default Conditional Format for cells

Is it possible to create a conditional format for a cell in a table to
highlight its value. Something similar that excel has?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word is not Excel and has comparatively limited table formatting
capabilities, but it *may* be possible to do something similar using vba.
See the bar chart example at http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm

Why not embed the Excel table in your document and take advantage of its
formatting capabilities?

Joanie wrote:
Is it possible to create a conditional format for a cell in a table to
highlight its value. Something similar that excel has?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joanie Joanie is offline

Thanks for reminding me about embedding. formatting the table was an
afterthought after I pasted it from excel and I was hoping I didn't have to
return to the spreadsheet and do the formating there before repasting.
Again Thanks

Joanie wrote:
Is it possible to create a conditional format for a cell in a table to
highlight its value. Something similar that excel has?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Joanie,

If the 'conditional format' is limted to character formatting for values/strings calculated via formula fields, there are some
limited options. For more information, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showto...#entry365 442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Formatting Numeric Field Results'.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Joanie" wrote in message ...
Is it possible to create a conditional format for a cell in a table to
highlight its value. Something similar that excel has?

Conditional Formatting Cells within a MS Word 2007 Table bjschon Microsoft Word Help 3 May 2nd 23 08:50 PM
HOW DO I SET UP A CONDITIONAL FORMAT TO A FIELD DOUG GARDNER Mailmerge 1 October 20th 08 12:28 AM
Format table colums cells to show $XX,XXX format Confused report writer Tables 3 April 24th 08 02:28 PM
Conditional format JohnM Tables 1 October 16th 05 03:18 PM
If then else with conditional format using comapre AND Dennis at Arcadia Mailmerge 1 January 25th 05 09:31 PM