Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Phil G Phil G is offline

Default How do I creat a table to show what pages items that begin with "P

I have a large Word doc with items like P-001, P-002, P-003, etc. throught
the document. I want to create a table after the Table of Contents that shows
all the "P-***" in alpha-numeric order with the page they are located on. How
can I do that?
--
Regards, Phil G
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rich57 Rich57 is offline

You have at least a couple of options. If the P-00x items have a unique style
then you can create a Table of Contents based on that style. If this isn't
convenient, you can mark individual items and create a Table of Contents
(without using the dialog box) based on those marked items. See the article
at http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC011525811033
--
Richard

Search the web and raise money for charity at http://www.everyclick.com/