Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Maja Maja is offline

Default Word 2007 Table Border Problem

Hi, I need to convert a Word2007 document to .Pdf. The document has several
tables within it - all tables are designed with 1.5pt outer border and 1pt
border for the columns. On conversion to .pdf I am experiencing some problems
- the thickness of some lines change and 'white dots' appear on the vertical
lines at the ends of gridline. How can I resolve this problem please cause
the document does not appear neat at all like this and need to present this
document in .pdf?

Thanks,
Maja
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I find that often the display of PDFs at anything other than 100% is
deceptive; even the 100% display often doesn't accurately represent what
will print. Do you see these same problems in the printout or just on
screen?

http://word.mvps.org

"Maja" wrote in message
Hi, I need to convert a Word2007 document to .Pdf. The document has
several
tables within it - all tables are designed with 1.5pt outer border and 1pt
border for the columns. On conversion to .pdf I am experiencing some
problems
- the thickness of some lines change and 'white dots' appear on the
vertical
lines at the ends of gridline. How can I resolve this problem please cause
the document does not appear neat at all like this and need to present
this
document in .pdf?

Thanks,
Maja

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Maja Maja is offline

Hi thanks for replying..
Current display is at 100%. The problem is more evident on screen than on
paper. But since I need to submit the document also in electronic form I
thought of trying to find a solution to this

"Maja" wrote in message
Hi, I need to convert a Word2007 document to .Pdf. The document has
several
tables within it - all tables are designed with 1.5pt outer border and 1pt
border for the columns. On conversion to .pdf I am experiencing some
problems
- the thickness of some lines change and 'white dots' appear on the
vertical
lines at the ends of gridline. How can I resolve this problem please cause
the document does not appear neat at all like this and need to present
this
document in .pdf?

Thanks,
Maja

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You might try some other PDF converter if another is available to you. You
could download the free PrimoPDF, for example, to see if that would result
in any difference.

http://word.mvps.org