Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DoggieBagg DoggieBagg is offline

Default Just curious - Difference between sent and received word document

Hi All !

I'm just curious about something, maybe someone can bring some light on "how
and why this could possibly be possible"

I created couple of days ago a word 2003 document from nothing (blank,
brand new document). I wanted to send it by email to a friend so he could
double-check it... But he got an error telling him that the document doesn't
exist when he tried to open it. Thing is, it works fine on my side. And if i
copy it anywhere else on my hard drive or another drive, then i got the same
error message than my friend...

And even more strange, I sent the same file to someone (by email again) and
he could open it... The name of the file was the good one, but the content
was wrong (By wrong, i mean that it was another file that he as on his
computer, and i'm sure i haven't got that file on my computer). I tried to
send it to myself... and again, I received a file with the good name, but the
data inside was the data from another file I created a long time ago.

I fixed my problem by copying/pasting my data in another new word 2003
document... But still, i'mvery, realy, absolutly curious. What happened ?
Can someon explain that strange behaviour of Word 2003 ?!

By the way, i'm using Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2

Thanks !

Emilie