Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Meebers[_2_] Meebers[_2_] is offline

Default Horizontal alignment

Working with Word 2003, in a document that is used to record minutes of
meetings, a table format was chosen. Each subject etc. is in its own row,
section of the table. On most of the document, the horizontal alignment is
perfect between the columns(4), but about halfway down each page, the
alignment goes off by about a half row. I have formated the whole document
with the same font, made sure the row spacing was set to 1.0. The start of
the next page is aligned ok, but down the page it is off. Not a gradual
drift off, but seems to be in the middle of the page. Prints the same way
so it is not a monitor issue. All entries are pure text. Any suggestions
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Meebers,

Have you checked that the paragraphs are all formatted with the same leading/trailing spaces?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Meebers" wrote in message ...
Working with Word 2003, in a document that is used to record minutes of
meetings, a table format was chosen. Each subject etc. is in its own row,
section of the table. On most of the document, the horizontal alignment is
perfect between the columns(4), but about halfway down each page, the
alignment goes off by about a half row. I have formated the whole document
with the same font, made sure the row spacing was set to 1.0. The start of
the next page is aligned ok, but down the page it is off. Not a gradual
drift off, but seems to be in the middle of the page. Prints the same way
so it is not a monitor issue. All entries are pure text. Any suggestions
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Meebers[_2_] Meebers[_2_] is offline

If what you are asking me is, after I turn on the format view, all the
spaces appear to be identical. When an entry is made in one of the cells of
the table, no spaces or tabs proceed the text. I have been using arial 9
pt, nothing else. (that I know of). Thanks for your comments.

"Meebers" wrote in message
Working with Word 2003, in a document that is used to record minutes of
meetings, a table format was chosen. Each subject etc. is in its own
row, section of the table. On most of the document, the horizontal
alignment is perfect between the columns(4), but about halfway down each
page, the alignment goes off by about a half row. I have formated the
whole document with the same font, made sure the row spacing was set to
1.0. The start of the next page is aligned ok, but down the page it is
off. Not a gradual drift off, but seems to be in the middle of the page.
Prints the same way so it is not a monitor issue. All entries are pure
text. Any suggestions appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No, he's saying, when you go to Format | Paragraph, do they all have the
same Spacing Before/After?

http://word.mvps.org

"Meebers" wrote in message
Working with Word 2003, in a document that is used to record minutes of
meetings, a table format was chosen. Each subject etc. is in its own
row, section of the table. On most of the document, the horizontal
alignment is perfect between the columns(4), but about halfway down each
page, the alignment goes off by about a half row. I have formated the
whole document with the same font, made sure the row spacing was set to
1.0. The start of the next page is aligned ok, but down the page it is
off. Not a gradual drift off, but seems to be in the middle of the
page. Prints the same way so it is not a monitor issue. All entries
are pure text. Any suggestions appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I see that I have responded to your detailed description, which seems to be
referring to *vertical* alignment rather than horizontal (references to
rows, etc.). Is this what you mean?

http://word.mvps.org

"Meebers" wrote in message
Working with Word 2003, in a document that is used to record minutes
of meetings, a table format was chosen. Each subject etc. is in its
own row, section of the table. On most of the document, the horizontal
alignment is perfect between the columns(4), but about halfway down
each page, the alignment goes off by about a half row. I have
formated the whole document with the same font, made sure the row
spacing was set to 1.0. The start of the next page is aligned ok, but
down the page it is off. Not a gradual drift off, but seems to be in
the middle of the page. Prints the same way so it is not a monitor
issue. All entries are pure text. Any suggestions appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Meebers[_2_] Meebers[_2_] is offline

The text in the first column does not align with the text in the second
column. i.e. Reading across, left to right, they are not on the same
horizontal imaginary line. This only happens about midway down each page,
the top portion and the bottom portion of the pages seem ok.

"Meebers" wrote in message
Working with Word 2003, in a document that is used to record minutes
of meetings, a table format was chosen. Each subject etc. is in its
own row, section of the table. On most of the document, the
horizontal alignment is perfect between the columns(4), but about
halfway down each page, the alignment goes off by about a half row.
I have formated the whole document with the same font, made sure the
row spacing was set to 1.0. The start of the next page is aligned ok,
but down the page it is off. Not a gradual drift off, but seems to be
in the middle of the page. Prints the same way so it is not a monitor
issue. All entries are pure text. Any suggestions appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Okay, that's what I thought: it's the vertical position that doesn't align
horizontally. In that case I would definitely have a look at the paragraph
formatting (Spacing Before/After) as well as the cell alignment, cell
padding, etc.

http://word.mvps.org

alignment sherry Microsoft Word Help 1 July 25th 08 03:14 AM
alignment la6973 Microsoft Word Help 5 October 9th 06 11:51 PM
Alignment lindy Microsoft Word Help 2 September 7th 06 07:04 PM
what is apply justify horizontal alignment? zhen New Users 2 February 22nd 06 10:27 PM
Legal Alignment Magu Microsoft Word Help 1 August 4th 05 10:33 PM