Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joyce Joyce is offline

Default aligning on a comma as a decimal point in a column

With the language setting set to French (France), shouldn't I be able to
align a column of numbers on the comma? (the number of decimal places to the
right of the comma differ from one number to the next).

Also, if a number is a whole number without a decimal point (again, a comma
because it's for a French audience), will Word recognize that as such and
align it appropriately as if it did?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You need to go to the Regional and Language Options item in the Control
Panel and click on the Customize button on the Regional Options tab and then
change the Decimal and Currency Grouping symbols appropriately.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP