Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Williams Dan Williams is offline

Default markups all show up as adds

When I compare/merge two documents, all the parts that should show up
as deletions are showing up as insertions instead. I can't
distinguish between the insertions and the deletions. When I change
the colors of insertions and deletes, they both show up with whatever
color or format I designate for insertions. What's going on?

I don't remember whether I've seen it working properly or not since we
switched to Word 2003. It used to work fine in the previous version
of Word, when it used to be called Compare Documents.

Word 2003
Windows 2001

Dan Williams
danwPlanet

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Williams Dan Williams is offline

Well, this morning it's mostly working OK except at the top. Near the
top of the test documents, I put "new" in one of them and "old" in the
other one. They both show up in red (insertions) when one of them
should be blue (deletions). But further down the document, the parts
that were all insertions yesterday are now correct -- they're red or
blue in the correct circumstances.

I had closed Word, but I didn't even reboot or log off of the network
last night!

Well, it's working well enough for my purposes at the moment, but any
insights would be welcome!

Dan

wrote:

When I compare/merge two documents, all the parts that should show up
as deletions are showing up as insertions instead. *I can't
distinguish between the insertions and the deletions. *When I change
the colors of insertions and deletes, they both show up with whatever
color or format I designate for insertions. *What's going on?

I don't remember whether I've seen it working properly or not since we
switched to Word 2003. *It used to work fine in the previous version
of Word, when it used to be called Compare Documents.

Word 2003
Windows 2001

Dan Williams
danwPlanet- Hide quoted text -

Markups jh Microsoft Word Help 2 July 22nd 08 05:03 PM
show markups lpeterson Microsoft Word Help 6 September 5th 07 03:27 PM
markups Becky at Business Properties Page Layout 2 May 8th 07 09:42 PM
Why does office 2003 show markups with older docs? Nuff New Users 3 March 7th 06 02:51 PM
How do I change the default to NOT show markups for any file w Antoinette Microsoft Word Help 4 August 5th 05 07:51 PM