Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DavidGordon DavidGordon is offline

Default Where can I find the WORD application overall settings BACKUP file

Please, where can I find the WORD application overall settings BACKUP file
?As I recall, this covers all options and settings. At one stage a feature
was shown on the START menu, in which one could save and select as many
application backup files as one had saved. (I have found this feature is
MOST useful after, say, a crash, but now I cannot find it). Thankyou.
DAVID
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:49:17 -0700, DavidGordon
.(donotspam) wrote:

Please, where can I find the WORD application overall settings BACKUP file
?As I recall, this covers all options and settings. At one stage a feature
was shown on the START menu, in which one could save and select as many
application backup files as one had saved. (I have found this feature is
MOST useful after, say, a crash, but now I cannot find it). Thankyou.
DAVID

You recall wrong -- there is no single place that saves all options and
settings. They're scattered over a half dozen files and the registry.

In older versions of Office there was a Save My Settings wizard that tried to
collect this information, but it never got everything. It has been omitted from
Office 2007.

In Windows Vista there's a Windows Easy Transfer application, and there's a
downloadable Windows User State Migration Tool. I haven't used either of them,
so I can't make a recommendation.

Read http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm and
http://www.technologyquestions.com/t...ce-2007-a.html

--