Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] ned.zimmerman@gmail.com is offline

Default Controlling indent levels on data linked from Excel

Hello,
I am hoping someone can tell me how Word 2007 controls the indent
levels on data linked from Excel 2007.

In my tables I have a table shell into which a nested table is paste
linked from Excel (Paste Special - Paste Link, Html format).

I noticed that when this is done that Word does not always faithfully
reflect the indent formatting present in the original Excel document.
More specifically, Excel's indent level 1 is not honored and is left
justified the same as text/data that has an indent level 0. Text/data
with an indent level 2, however, is in its proper place.

How is Word controlling this? Is there someway I can get Word to
honor the original formatting?

While I realize that embedding an Excel object into the table cell
would solve this problem, I specifically cannot use an embedded Excel
Object Worksheet for this, it must be a nested Word table linked to
Excel.

My thanks to anyone who can provide some insight/help.

Ned Zimmerman