Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Emma Wood2012 Emma Wood2012 is offline

Default Protecting pivot tables

Not sure if this is already a question, but I have a spreadsheet with
115 sheets and they contain pivot tables and charts. I need to give
viewing access to this document, but I do not want anyone to be able to
drag fields or view any other drop down information. This is a template
and so I want to update it every month. Other than protecting all
sheets (very time consuming) and then unprotecting and maybe recording
this as a macro (again time consuming) I do not know what else to try
and I refuse to believe there is not a simple solution. Can anyone
help?

--
Emma Wood2012
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You might get a better answer in an Excel group -- this one is for Word --
but I think the best answer is to keep your workbook unprotected and
undistributed, and publish it as a PDF file each month.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Emma Wood2012 wrote:
Not sure if this is already a question, but I have a spreadsheet with
115 sheets and they contain pivot tables and charts. I need to give
viewing access to this document, but I do not want anyone to be able
to drag fields or view any other drop down information. This is a
template and so I want to update it every month. Other than
protecting all sheets (very time consuming) and then unprotecting and
maybe recording this as a macro (again time consuming) I do not know
what else to try and I refuse to believe there is not a simple
solution. Can anyone help?

Password Protecting Documents: Not Protecting Header abalboa Microsoft Word Help 2 May 8th 08 02:01 PM
Protecting tables Sue Tables 1 November 1st 05 08:10 AM
Mailmerge or Pivot Table? Tosca Mailmerge 3 June 17th 05 08:56 AM
Pivot Table ODBC marcmc Tables 1 April 24th 05 11:56 AM
Pivot Tables Karen New Users 2 November 29th 04 10:15 PM