Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pushingpaper pushingpaper is offline

Default For a doc with different sections, how can I create a single water

I've searched this forum and checked Word help but I can't seem to find an
answer to my question. Yet it seems like such an obvious problem, I feel like
I must have missed something, somewhere.

I have a Word 2007 document with multiple sections, different headers for
each section. I would like to have the watermark "Draft" on every single page
of the document. I have tried clicking the header in each section and adding
the "Draft" watermark, but when I've added it to Section 1, and then add it
to Section 2, the watermark in Section 1 disappears! And then if I try to add
to Section 3, the watermark in Section 2 disappears.

I've seen people recommend linking sections to get the same watermark, but
this isn't an option as I need different headers for each section.

Ideally, there would be a way to change the watermark for the entire
document in one place. Eventually, I would like to change the watermark from
"Draft" to a person's name, so that everybody who receives a copy of the
document has it watermarked with their name. It would be very inconvenient to
have to change the watermark in each section so many times.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pushingpaper pushingpaper is offline

Figured it out and yup, it's pretty simple.

1. Click into a header anywhere in the document.
2. In Page Layout - Page Background, click on the Watermark drop down.
3. Click "Custom Watermark". DO NOT CLICK ON A READY-MADE WATERMARK IN THE
GALLERY. That's where I went wrong
4. The "Printed Watermark" dialogue box comes up. I chose "DRAFT" from the
Text drop down, clicked okay and was done. I'm assuming you could also write
your own text in here (like someone's name) or chose the picture option.

This is not in Word Help anywhere that I could see. Maybe it is too simple?