Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Catrinka Catrinka is offline

Default Table in Columns

I have a page divided into two columns. I want a table to spread from first
column to second column. Is this possible?
--
Catrinka
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can insert a pair of continuous section breaks to create a
one-column section for your table.

Or if you have Word 2002 or later, then in the Table Properties
dialog, you can choose to have text wrap around the table, and
then resize the table to make it span your two columns.

Catrinka wrote:

I have a page divided into two columns. I want a table to spread from first
column to second column. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes. How you achieve it depends on what you want the columns to do. If you
"wrap" text around the table, either by floating the table itself or by
putting it in a frame or text box, you get this order of columnar text:

Text 1 Text 3
Table Table Table
Text 2 Text 4

If you insert Continuous section breaks above and below the table
(formatting its section for a single column), you get this:

Text 1 Text 2
Table Table Table
Text 3 Text 4

http://word.mvps.org

"Catrinka" wrote in message
I have a page divided into two columns. I want a table to spread from
first
column to second column. Is this possible?
--
Catrinka

Using Columns within a Table Barb Reinhardt Microsoft Word Help 5 May 6th 23 02:47 AM
columns to table? [email protected] Mailmerge 1 December 10th 06 05:41 PM
how do i put a table of contents into columns erin Microsoft Word Help 3 December 1st 06 06:03 AM
table columns kashakoa Tables 1 March 20th 06 11:41 AM
Table columns Maria Tables 1 February 8th 05 11:11 PM